WOODCARVING SECTION SCHEDULE 2022
Section Secretary Mr John Niland, 8 Millside, Shafton, Barnsley, S72 8NX
(Marquee sponsored by Earnshaw’s Fencing Centre)
Rules of the section.
- All entries must be the sole work of the exhibitor.
- Entries to a total value of over £4 per exhibitor qualify for an exhibitor’s pass. (if received before show day)
- Exhibitors will be allowed into the exhibitor’s car park to collect their entries.
- No entries will be accepted unless accompanied by entry fees.
- All entries must be received by 10:00 AM on show day, in the marquee.
- The society cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to exhibits during or after the show.
No exhibits to be removed before 5:00 PM.
All vehicles must be removed from show ground by 8:45 AM.
Prizes – 1st= £5, 2nd=£3, 3rd=£2
Entry fee- 80p per item
Judge- to be decided.
980 Novice – craftsperson with less than three years’ experience and not having
previously won a 1st prize
981 Intermediate- For those with 3 to 7 years’ experience
982 Senior Open to all
SPECIAL FEATURE- PEOPLES’S CHOICE
Visitors will be invited to vote for the carving they like best.
All competitors will be included, and a prize will be awarded to the exhibit receiving most votes.
On the day take entries to the section secretary in the wood carving marquee. Carvings should be packed in a stout box and clearly labelled with the name and address of the exhibitor, to be collected at the end of the show