Entry – Free
Prizes will be given in each class and for the best overall entry in the Children’s Classes.
Conditions of Entry
- Limited to children 15 years and under on the day of the Show.
- Age of exhibitor should appear on ALL entries.
- Exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor and must not be entered in any other class in the Show.
- Exhibitors name should NOT appear on the front of the entry. (Secretary reserves the right to cover up any names)
- One entry per child per class
- Entries can be brought to the Children’s Tent on the Friday before show day between 2:00-4:00pm for early entry. Entries will be accepted on Show day between 8:30 and 10:15am.
- All cars must be removed from the Showground by 9:00am
- Judging will commence at 10:30am for approximately 1 hour.
- Presentation of prizes at 4pm.
- No exhibits to be removed until after prize giving.
- Entries can be collected from the Children’s Tent between 4:00pm and 5:00pm on the show day.
- Baking items will be destroyed if not collected. Art/handicraft items will be kept for one month after the show date if not collected. Parents are responsible for arranging to collect work from the Section Secretary.
Topic for all classes ‘IN THE JUNGLE’
Art – Painting, pencil, felt tips etc
These can be digitally enhanced and experimental. Photos must be 6” x 4” minimum and 10” x 8” maximum. Mount optional
|957||Age 12, 13,14,15|
Handwriting Piece of writing, (at least 8 lines) with decorative border.
Layout, style and neatness to be considered. A song, poem or piece of prose.
Handicraft Creative textiles, knitting, patchwork, hand-made greeting card or postcard, beading work etc.
Age 3 and 4 only – decorate a biscuit.
Over 4s – bake a sponge cake using your own recipe and decorate relating to the given topic.
This will be judged for taste, consistency and decoration.
|964||Age 3,4 (decorate a biscuit)|
|965||Age 5, 6,7,8|
Any model made of Lego
Create a Lego model or display (base to be no bigger than 30 cms x 30
cms) to incorporate the theme which is “In the jungle”
Artwork can be brought to the Children’s Tent on Friday 3rd August from 2.00 to 4.00 pm or between 8:30 and 10.15am on Saturday August 4th.